Skip to main content

Meme from Vianney

“Noreen, I’ve tagged you!” My college friend, Vianney, posted this message on the tag-board of this blog and left the same comment on one of my posts here (which I have deleted because I got dinged! Hehehe…). Wondering what that could mean, I clicked on the link to Vianney’s meaty blog in search for answers. There I found a picture of her with her family on her latest post. The article below it explained the ‘tagging’ thing she was talking about.
Vianney too was tagged by a former classmate in college, Tim. Reading through Vianney’s post, I discovered that being tagged actually mean that I should share an important memory to my readers and pass the tag along to five more friends… sounds more like a chain letter. But I find this more fun as all of us would be able to get to share a piece of ourselves to everybody.
If you are to leave an important memory, what would that be? You can answer the question either by posting a picture, a video, writing a poem or whatever you think would best describe the memory that you want to share.


I found it really difficult to choose a memory to post here. But after much thought, I chose the one that I am missing the most. Above is a picture of my friends and me taken on November 1, 2005 at my friends’ house in Mambaling. From left to right, on the picture are Andrew, Paolo, myself, Naomi, and Christian.

The picture was taken just before all of us were about to go home. As you may have noticed, all of us are not looking at the camera. That is what we really like to do whenever we get together for a picture – look as ‘ungas’ as possible. The night before this picture was taken, our barkada unexpectedly had a rare sleepover in Mambaling. Andrew, Paolo, Jojo, Jeden, Dido, Christian, Mayat, Naomi, Besadee, and I decided to have a quick break from all the hassles in the world by spending a night together. So from church, all of us walked towards that Blue house in the background.

When we arrived at the house, we did not really do something special unlike our other sleepovers when we usually watch DVDs all night until the morning. So what did we do? Nothing actually. We all just stayed in one small room, turned the lights off and talked until morning about just anything we can think of – from love to ghost stories, to our families, etc, etc, etc…

Although we did not really do something special, this memory is important for me because this was one of the rare times that we were able to spend time with each other without anyone missing. We were able to talk about anything without worrying about what other people might say. We were free and we had fun.

I miss the people that I was with during that night and I miss being able to talk and spend time with them like that. I could no longer remember when was the last time we were complete and I certainly hope that we would be able to have sleepovers again. But with our different schedules, those things are unlikely to happen as we don’t even see each other often anymore. We just talk through text now.

There you go, I’ve shared an important memory so I’m passing the tag along to my friends…….

Copy the entire list and add your name below the person who tagged you. Then tag at least 5 friends (But you can tag as many as you like) and visit their blog to let them know you tagged them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipinos Make Mr. Art Bell Puke... That's Not the Case With Me!

A hate mail has been circulating in the web right now against Filipinos and Philippines as a country. It is clearly a product of ignorance and I am greatly outraged and that the same time saddened by the contents of the open letter. The letter was written by a man named Art Bell who is reportedly a radio commentator. I don't know where he based his opinions but they are really ridiculous! His letter entitled "Filipinos Make Me Puke" is in blue below. A response to the letter by a fellow Filipino is in green while my own response is in red. Filipinos Make Me Puke By: Art Bell As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans. Origins of Pinoys/Pinays

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could