Skip to main content

Finding Moymoy





Maybe because I am such a fun loving person, I always try to search and watch funny videos over YouTube. But unlike other people who are so adept in looking for the videos that they wanted, I can’t seem to find the ones that would really make me laugh boisterously. I can’t seem to use the right keywords to search for.


Last week though, on my first ever conversation with my high school buddy, Ecel, in the last five months, she mentioned about a funny video over YouTube. She told me to search the word WANNABE and look for the video that was made by ‘Moymoypalaboy.’ She said that the video made her laugh until she dropped. Quoting her verbatim, “kaybaw ko buddy mobuhakhak jud ka ato (I know you would certainly laugh at it too.)”


The following day, I searched the video and waited for it to load. I tried to be patient with the very slow broadband connection by Globelines but I simply could not so I just left it while it was loading and went to the dining table to eat my dinner. Finally, when I came back, the video is ready to play.


It was a very simple video, no cuts, no effects. Its background was a kitchen and the refrigerator was the most dominant thing you can see in the background. There were only two people sitting in front of the camera and they were taking turns lip synching the song Wanna Be by Spice Girls while making funny facial expressions.


Buddy was right. It did make me laugh! It was so funny that I played the video over and over again. The two guys in the video, probably in their early twenties, were so good in lip synching that you would actually think that they are the song’s true singers. Plus, they have made such a nice and funny choreography, which I eventually followed. It was just so hilarious! I could only imagine if my friends and I would sing Wanna Be in our videoke sessions (which we always do) and dance in the same way Moymoypalaboy and his partner did. I would really laugh at myself if that happens. Haha!


Entertained to a great extent, I browsed on and watched the other videos made by Moymoypalaboy. I found out that he has uploaded twenty-three videos so far (and counting) with each video viewed almost 600,000 times. Just like the Wanna Be video, the others were also very simple. The background was still the kitchen, they were still lip synching while making funny faces with matching choreography, and it was still the two of them, Moymoypalaboy (whoever he was among the two) and his partner. And yes, the other videos were also very hilarious!


A new video caught my attention though. It was entitled “Low by Flo Rida feat. T-Pain” and there was a description coming from Moymoypalaboy himself that says ‘due to insistent public demand, we bring you Low.’ So excited about what these two boys did in this video, I became more patient this time in waiting for the video to load. I knew that this would be another funny video and I wasn’t wrong.


Unlike the others, the video was no longer set in the kitchen and it was a little bit fancy. It was a full length video shot on different locations. Scenes were shot at the beach, on the streets, at the Hyatt Hotel, at a bathroom, at a living room and who knows where else, with the special participation of the guards at the Hyatt and some of their friends. The scenes were well thought of and the humor is just too much. If Wanna Be and the other videos are funny, this video is the funniest.


I am really amazed with the effort that they have put on this video. I am having an impression that Moymoypalaboy has conceptualize and thought of this video before they even shot the scenes. And being an amateur video editor myself, I know how hard and how tiresome it is to make a video like that. I have nothing to say but commendations for the brilliance of Moymoypalaboy and his friends. They’ve made a job very well done and I’m looking forward to any more of their future videos.


Posted above is the Low video I’m talking about. If you want to watch more of Moymoypalaboy, just search his name at YouTube.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipinos Make Mr. Art Bell Puke... That's Not the Case With Me!

A hate mail has been circulating in the web right now against Filipinos and Philippines as a country. It is clearly a product of ignorance and I am greatly outraged and that the same time saddened by the contents of the open letter. The letter was written by a man named Art Bell who is reportedly a radio commentator. I don't know where he based his opinions but they are really ridiculous! His letter entitled "Filipinos Make Me Puke" is in blue below. A response to the letter by a fellow Filipino is in green while my own response is in red. Filipinos Make Me Puke By: Art Bell As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans. Origins of Pinoys/Pinays

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could