Skip to main content

Discoveries


Imagine this kind of a scenario. There is a group of people that you completely trust with your life. You grew up with them, fellowship with them all of your life, and treated them as the best of your best friends. One of them, is extra special. You have a romantic connection with him and you trusted him completely without hesitation. And then you'll find out that this special person that you loved so dearly betrayed you. Not just once but many times. And his friends, the same group of people that you trusted, tolerated the actions of that special person and even joined him with his activities. All of them appeared to be harmless in front of you but they are totally different people when you turn your back.

Huh, it's such a heavy feeling. Everything sank into me last Friday and I couldn't understand why I was able to fit the puzzle pieces together just last Friday. The news was actually not new to me but still I was surprised with everything that I found out. I felt that after five and a half years of being with that special person, I never really knew him after all. And that, after six years (or maybe more) of treating that group of people as my best friends, they never really thought of me as a friend.

The feeling of betrayal, it's the worst feeling in the world. And I felt really bad last Friday. I felt that I was fooled and I hated myself for being so naive about things. Huh, I couldn't even express the anger and the resentment that I feel inside. Until now, I'm still isn't over the things that I've discovered and sometimes, it makes me want to puke. I don't hate them, but I don’t want to see them anymore.

Before we broke up, I thought we could still save the friendship. But after everything, I don't even know if I can still stand seeing him face to face. Not only that, right now, I have lost all those people I treated as friends, the people that I thought I could depend on. Or maybe, they were never my friends from the very beginning?!

Last Friday was one of the craziest nights ever. I need not elaborate it here but I think you guys know what I mean. Words are not enough to describe how I felt. I wanted to cry but tears just won't fall from my eyes. I wanted to confront him. I wanted to show him how I felt about what he did to me. I wanted to slap him on the face, embarass him, and hurt him, just like what he did to me. I wanted to tell him how much I hate him, but I won't because I don't want to continue this seemingly endless struggle. It is time to put an end to everything.

Until now, I could not understand how a person could just throw away five and a half years of companionship that easily. I could not understand how a person could fool someone he calls "special" for five and a half years. I could not understand how people you call "friends" betray you like this. And I could not understand how all these people who have hurt you can still look you in the eye and tell you that they care for you. They are all big liars!

I am hurting but nobody seems to care. I am bleeding but nobody was able to notice that I am already gasping for breath. I am tired and I want to rest. So I'll rest my case to the One who knows everything. And through Him, I know everything will be okay.


Comments

  1. Hi dear! I remembered you telling me about your blog but I wasn't able to view it until now. This post touched my heart. I, too, can relate to the feeling but I think your situation is worse than mine. God has reasons why this happened to you the same way he has reasons why it happened to me. We'll just hope for the best. Keep posting! I'll link your site to mine. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaah! vian! drama kau akong mga post sa?! hahaha.. bitaw woi.. ala na jud ko ka-update ani ako blog ay kay murag bz jud.. i'll write again soon.. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Very well put blog. I can feel what you are going thru right now. I hope that you will find some peace within your mind and heart as well as the ability to move on with your life without this so-called friends. Keep on writing, that's how I usually cope with things like this. Praying helps as well. Lift it up to the ONE who knows the answer of all things. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mich_nanayanna! thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving an encouraging comment. I really appreciate it! may i ask.. do we know each other personally? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Filipinos Make Mr. Art Bell Puke... That's Not the Case With Me!

A hate mail has been circulating in the web right now against Filipinos and Philippines as a country. It is clearly a product of ignorance and I am greatly outraged and that the same time saddened by the contents of the open letter. The letter was written by a man named Art Bell who is reportedly a radio commentator. I don't know where he based his opinions but they are really ridiculous! His letter entitled "Filipinos Make Me Puke" is in blue below. A response to the letter by a fellow Filipino is in green while my own response is in red. Filipinos Make Me Puke By: Art Bell As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans. Origins of Pinoys/Pinays

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could