Skip to main content

I Never Seem to Learn My Lessons!


Yeah, yeah, yeah.. Maybe I'm just so, overly, extremely, super, to the max, times ten to the twenty-first power TANGA! I don't seem to learn my lessons and I just do things over and over again. Waaaah! It happend once again!

Well, I have done three things in the last three days that made me feel like this and I don't just feel so annoyed with myself over the things that I've done but I also feel very stupid. Sometimes, I question my sanity. Hahaha!! Maybe I'm suffering from Alzheimer's disease. But at this young age??! But of course, that was just a joke. Let me tell you the things that made me feel stupid..

kaTANGAan #1: kaTANGAan over guys. Well, it's not new anymore. I've always been TANGA when it comes to kachurvahan and kaek-ekan in life. They just tell me things and I believe them right away and just say "yes" to whatever they ask me to do. But after some time of contemplating, I realize that I was actually fooled. But still, I wouldn't complain. These past few days I've been telling myself not to give in to this guy's requests anymore because I felt he was already abusing my "kindness." So I told myself that I would never ever entertain this guy anymore in any way. I actually succeeded for two days. I never texted nor talked to him. But today, you know what, I did! And he's back to his old antics once again.. and I can't say "NO." Pakshet talaga! I hope he realizes that it's just out of 'kaikog' that I am not saying no to whatever he asks.

kaTANGAan #2: kaTANGAan at work. At work, besides swiping to the automated system for our time in and out, we are also required to sign our names to the log-in sheet, just in case the automated system fails. It serves as a backup so that we wouldn't have discrepancies come payday. To make sure everybody signs her name to the log in sheet, the supervisors made some kind of a rule that penalizes anyone who doesn't sign her name by Php10. Last Tuesday, our team lead called my attention and told me to pay because I forgot to sign my name. She was really cool though and she was even laughing and telling me to always remember to sign my name so that I wouldn't pay Php10. But guess what, yesterday, I did it again. I did not sign my name and I paid again. Grrrh!

kaTANGAan #3: kaTANGAan over responsibilities. It's my day-off today, and tomorrow also. During my days off, when I have very important things to do, I usually plan out what time to sleep, what time to wake up, what time to do this, and what time to go there. Today, I planned to go to PLDT at 3:00 PM to pay for our phone bill and go to the Post Office afterwards to mail a letter and to claim a package. So as planned, I went to PLDT. To my surpise, it was closed. Just then I realized that today is actually a holiday! Wouldn't you get pissed off?! A few months ago, the same thing happened to me. I wanted to pay the water bill on a holiday.

After the things that I did in the past three days I don't know what to call myself anymore. Maybe it's time to get my head straight and concentrate on the things that are good for me... and time to learn my lessons too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipinos Make Mr. Art Bell Puke... That's Not the Case With Me!

A hate mail has been circulating in the web right now against Filipinos and Philippines as a country. It is clearly a product of ignorance and I am greatly outraged and that the same time saddened by the contents of the open letter. The letter was written by a man named Art Bell who is reportedly a radio commentator. I don't know where he based his opinions but they are really ridiculous! His letter entitled "Filipinos Make Me Puke" is in blue below. A response to the letter by a fellow Filipino is in green while my own response is in red. Filipinos Make Me Puke By: Art Bell As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans. Origins of Pinoys/Pinays

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could