Skip to main content

Mis Recuerdas de Mi Mejora Amiga

I wouldn't have guessed it. I doubt if she would have. But we have come a long, long way and shared too many memories for our friendship to be broken by time, distance, or even personal differences.

People who had known us about nine years back wouldn't have expected us to grow close. For one, both of us were too quiet to even say "hi" to each other. I was the silent rebel and she was the overprotected. But things along the way made us click. Just like that, in a second, when we started talking, we knew we would be friends for life.

Today is her birthday. And I wish I could be there to celebrate with her. Unfortunately, right now, all I can do is fill myself with memories of my best friend with whom I used to eat, drink, cry, laugh with.... etcetera... recuerdas de mi mejora amiga.

21 Fun Memories with Naomi Through Pictures


Foolin' around right after church service


One of the rare serious shots of the day


Historic Day.  The day NCC's youth ministry got revived. 
Sleepyhead. After more than 24 hours of not sleeping, I rest my head on my best friend's shoulders.  

Guess where we were at? So young and fragile... Youth Camp 2005 at Mountain View.

 Pa-cute mode. Always present after every Youth Service. 

The infamous "I love you goodbye" pictorial at Lemon Grass.  


My girl! 

We were notorious for not listening to the Pastor's homily... hehehe...  

The day we colored our hair red. :-) 

The Sunday before I left Cebu. We went to Ayala Center and bought a Twilight book.  

During Edwin's wedding fun, fun wedding day.  

A halloween sleepover with the gang.  

My 22nd birthday party at Bahia

 
 
After losing the Pictionary marathon 

My first Sunday in Cebu after I got back. 

Endless chikka. We talked for HOURS!!!!  

Barkada Outing at Tubod 

The noisy welcome at the airport. hahaha.. so fun! 

NCC Convention... OMG! what year was this? We were inseparable. 

And whoever told you we listen? No, we don't.


21 Things About Naomi Not All People Know

1. She constantly have rolls of tissue paper by her side when she sleeps because she has a nasal allergy.
2. She loves to color her hair red.
3. She used to want to be a forensics expert... well, she actually still wants to be one.
4. Her first boyfriend was a guy from Sibonga she used to talk to only through text. hahaha.. (peace naomz!)
5. She once had a huge crush on Jay de los Angeles, Tyrone Teves, and Paolo Fiscal. (peace again naomz!)
6. She follows Anne Curtis, KC Concepcion, and other Filipino celebrities through twitter.
7. She is one hell of a jealous girlfriend, Andrick complains about it to me.. hehehe.. (peace na sad!)
8. She has a healthy appetite. Once we had lunch at Shakey's and paid around a thousand pesos just for the two of us. :-)
9. She is quite unaware that she cares about her brother pretty much. She once panicked when she thought Joshua wasn't able to ride the jeepney we were riding. "Hala! Akong manghod!" with a priceless facial expression. hehehe...
10. She used to chat a lot on mIrc.. hahaha... I remember those days...
11. When we became notorious of chatting while the pastor is delivering his sermon, we mellowed a little and deviced a new scheme. Everyone thought we got quiet, but actually, we were paper chatting... complete with nicks.. hehehe...
12. I once got scared because of her facial expression... hahaha... 
13. She was a huge fan of Harry Potter and Daniel Radcliffe.
14. She was not allowed to travel alone... not on foot, not by jeepney, not even by taxi..
15. Just about every young man in church had a crush on her.... hmmm... from what I know, Jeden, Andrew, Tyrone, Paolo? think so...
16. She was the beauty queen during elementary and high school. Always the muse for her batch.
17. She was forced to play tennis and train under a tennis instructor formally.
18. Before becoming a facebook addict, she was one of those rare creatures who answer  and post surveys on friendster.(I was one of those too...)
19. She tells me the secrets you tell her and I do the same. So beware! haha!
20. She is secretly having a grudge on someone.. (sssshh... di ko mosaba..)
21. She is a true friend.

Happy Birthday Naomz! I wish you all the laughter, joys, and happiness. I wish you pain that could make you stronger. I wish you love for yourself, for your family, for your friends. I wish you love for God. Be blessed and be happy. Carpe Diem! Live life as if it's your last, seize the day, always be half-full and not half-empty. God Bless you. I miss you much! mwaaaaaahhhhhhhh.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipinos Make Mr. Art Bell Puke... That's Not the Case With Me!

A hate mail has been circulating in the web right now against Filipinos and Philippines as a country. It is clearly a product of ignorance and I am greatly outraged and that the same time saddened by the contents of the open letter. The letter was written by a man named Art Bell who is reportedly a radio commentator. I don't know where he based his opinions but they are really ridiculous! His letter entitled "Filipinos Make Me Puke" is in blue below. A response to the letter by a fellow Filipino is in green while my own response is in red. Filipinos Make Me Puke By: Art Bell As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans. Origins of Pinoys/Pinays

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could