Skip to main content

Edward & Bella = Robert & Kristen

Would Edward be able to resist killing Bella? Would Bella be willing to give up her life for Edward?


I am more than halfway through the last book of the Twilight Series -- Breaking Dawn. I am expecting to finish it tonight and tomorrow would be a time to hear Edward Cullen's story behind the very bizarre and reason-defying love story of him and Bella Swan. This story has just captivated my mind. Every single thing I think of these days are about Edward and Bella.. and sometimes the funny imprinting of Bella's werewolf best friend Jacob to her and Edward's only half-vampire and half-human daughter Renesmee.

Just like a normal addict (as if being an addict is normal), I haven't stopped just by reading the books. Researches here and there have kept me preoccupied in the last few days. Videos, music, write-ups, pictures.. I have searched the net endlessly as I am waiting for the climax of this addiction. I have watched all of the movies' trailers and that made me even more excited of the movie, which is set to be shown in the theaters the day before I fly out from the country. Hmm.. I would definitely sacrifice packing my things just to sneak out with my friends to watch the movie. I hope I wouldn't be doing that though. I hope that I would finish packing by the 25th.

Edward Cullen, the most powerful and selfless fictional character that I have ever read in my entire life, is being played by London born actor Robert Pattinson. Since I was never a fan of Harry Potter, I have never heard of Robert Pattinson until this movie came along. I looked at some pictures and I was a bit worried if I would be able to come out of the movie house convinced that Robert Pattinson was indeed Edward Cullen. But having watched the trailers, I actually discovered that Rob has done an amazing job in radiating the true character of Edward Cullen. In fact, I found a still shot taken from the movie which convinced me that I would not be worried about Edward's portrayal. Look at this. This is the exact same smile that I have always imagined. This smile only belongs to Edward Cullen.

I feel almost the exact opposite about Bella Swan though. From the pictures, Kristen Stewart who plays Bella Swan is amazingly georgeous. Though the books described her as plain looking, I actually forgave the movie for picking a hot chic to play her role because I myself wanted Bella to be beautiful beyond Edward's imagination, though I know that Edward sees Bella as the most beautiful woman he has ever seen in his unusually long life. From the trailers, I haven't seen Bella in Kristen's performance. I thought that she was too strong for the very fragile and helpless character of Bella. But who knows? I have only seen a very small portion of the movie and it is not enough to judge Kristen's performance.

Though I limited my research to Edward and Bella, my eyes caught a name that made this movie even more interesting for me. Guess who? Oh well, Sarah Clarke. Sarah Clarke plays the immature and fickle-minded mother of Bella who is so so in love to her new hubby Phil -- Renee Dwayer. To be honest, I don't know how Sarah would portray that kind of a role and I am really very curious of how she would look like in such a character.

Sarah is a very good actress no doubt. In fact, she is one of my favorite villainess. I can just remember how amazed I was by her transformation as the second-in-command federal agent and former mistress of the superhero Jack Bauer to a cold-blooded, multilingual terrorist. She was definitely a very big part of the success of the heart-stopping series (and one of my addictions too) 24. But an immature mother?! I can't imagine it since I have only seen Sarah do stunts and shoot guns. I know though that she would be able to pull this off.

As early as now, I believe that Twilight would be a big hit. The story is just too powerful to be ignored, not too mention the stellar and star-studded cast of the movie. The actors and actresses performances would certainly be something to watch out for.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of a Migrant Worker I

April 10, 2009 9:59 PM Dubai, United Arab Emirates There has never been a day since I got here that I have never wished of being home. I guess the aloneness that I have always wanted hasn’t really been working out for me. Homesickness, whether I accept it or not, has crept up on me and the most important question that I have asked myself for at least a million times hasn’t been answered yet. I am still wondering why God has allowed me to be here. Being here was my choice and I have to accept the consequences of my decision. But unlike most people have accused me of, I am not here for the money. NO, DEFINITELY NOT! I decided to come here to be alone… to run away… to move on… and to forget the memories that have haunted me for so long. I came here to forgive and be forgiven with the hope that when I go back everything would be alright; that I would be able to completely take away all the hatred that I have been hiding all these years; that I would be able to accept things as they ar...

Pray for a Partner!

I was surprised by the question that my sister threw at me one time, “Do you now have a boyfriend?” Caught off guard, I honestly said, “None.” It was true anyway. I don’t have a boyfriend now. But by the look of her face I could sense that she didn’t believe me maybe because I am so wasteful when it comes to cellphone credits and because I go out almost every night. It was obvious to her that I am seeing a guy. But I told her that the guy I’m seeing is not my boyfriend. He’s just a summer fling. Hehehe… and I don’t have plans of taking it to the next level with him (or who knows?! Ngek!). My sister continued to talk about my love life and as usual, I just kept quiet. It was always like that, I just listen to everything she says simply because I just don’t want to say anything. She was persuading me to spit out my affairs with the guy that I’m seeing but I told her that there is just nothing to spit out because nothing is going on between us in the first place. We’re just going out...

A Prayer in the Desert

We had just finished our pictionary sessions for that day when Manang startled us with a shocking news. Immanuel, or Iman as what we usually call him, the only nephew we have, was rushed to the hospital earlier that day. We were kind of late for the news as my eldest sister, Grace, only left an offline message to my other sister's (Nanette) yahoo account.  It was not really a cause of alarm for me at first as I knew that Ate is some kind of paranoid sometimes. She worries a lot and I thought that she overestimated the gravity of the situation.  Manang decided to call Ate though it was already around 4am Philippine time. I was only listening, something that I usually do as I'm not good in communicating affection to family members, or to anyone if I may say (but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do, I really do care.) She first told us about the situation, that Iman was suffering from a disease worse than pneumonia, that his lungs were dirty, and that air could...